2012年9月30日 星期日

[自我介紹] 台大電機二 王禮康

Hi guys! My name is 王禮康, and I'm a sophomore in Electrical Engineering. In this self-introduction activity, I made a paper airplane, and it is partial because I can't draw anything, so folding an airplane was all I could do. Out of all seriousness, I made a paper airplane for the three following reasons:


  1. My background is slightly different from most people's background. My family moved to the States when I was two years old and stayed there for a little more than five years. In second grade, we moved back to Taipei, where I was born. Once I finished elementary school, we moved again but this time to Athens, Greece to attend middle school. When middle school was finished, we moved back to the States, and I finished high school there. My whole life, I have been travel, taking the airplane, going to airports, therefore the airplane is something that represents who I am.
  2. I have dreams and goals to achieve, and in order to reach those dreams, I must fly high like an airplane. Although I might still be like a paper airplane, can't fly high, but one day, I will fly high and reach the clouds.
  3. I always had a unique opinion and thought on creativity, and it pertains to the juvenile and immature symbols such as the paper airplane. I believe that creativity can be best fostered in an environment where everything is simple and naive, just like when we were children. As we grow up, there are certain social norms we have to follow, however these social norms hinder creativity and causes us to lose the imaginations we had when we were young. So just like the paper airplane, I think it is important to at time see the world as a child, in order to bring back imagination and creativity.

沒有留言: